Friday, November 23, 2012
Black Friday
Yesterday and today blended together into one extra long day and I've been thinking it's Saturday all day long. We had thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt's house with my Mom's family and had a good time hanging out with everyone there. Later on, my best friend came over and she joined me, my mom, and my cousin Black Friday (at midnight not on Thanksgiving when the stores are starting to open)!! We hate how the departments stores have turned Black Friday into shopping on a family holiday. But anyways, walking around the stores for a few hours was good exercise after a big Thanksgiving feast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you that department stores opening early is bad news. Especially the stores that open up Thursday evening. Now families are spending less time together so they can go wait in long lines earlier. I've personally never been Black Friday shopping, and have no plans to. However, I don't any issue with those who want to get up early and wait in long lines, as long as it happens on Friday, not Thursday.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you because I've been taken away from spending time with my family because I always have to work black friday. I think it's ridiculous that people trample all over each and become angry just a day after expressing everything they are "thankful" for. It doesn't make much sense to me. Holidays should be spent with your loved ones. It shouldn't be turned into some crazy shopping spree. We should be thankful for our families and our health, not how many discounts we can get in one store.
ReplyDelete