Saturday, November 24, 2012

My Fav Running App

Really cool technology: My favorite app invented so far is mapmyrun. I've used it a few times since being home because I've had to come up with new running routes from this new house. It's a great app because you can create a map that tells you the distance of your run and your average mile pace when you drag a line (the mapping tool) along the roads, trails, and alleys you've run down. It also has a feature that details the incline and decline of the roads. Being that I live in Northeast Ohio most of my maps are an even plane. Unfortunately, we don't live on a stretch of road with sidewalks. Yesterday on my run I almost stepped on a dead black cat and jumped about 10 feet into the air (I'm not certain if dead black cats still constitute as bad luck like the living ones do). The good news is that the sidewalks start about 1/4 of a mile past the train tracks. My whole family enjoys running, save for my older brother, and my dad just finished assembling a new treadmill since the old one got left behind at the old house. Treadmill running is extremely boring so I'm excited that this one has an iPod jack and speakers built in!! It's snowing so I'll try out this new treadmill later on. On a non-tech related note Buckeye fans are celebrating once again because OSU finished their season 12-0 beating that hideous team dressed in blue and yellow 26-21!

3 comments:

  1. I have been hearing about this app a lot lately! Courtney uses one similar to this and always tells me how awesome it is. I need to start using it and download it onto my phone. I haven't ran since Wednesday and I'm going crazy right now. I'm stuck at school beacuse I had to work all weekend since Thursday night at Columbia Sportswear. I'm about to try and get into the fieldhouse to run on the indoor track. I'll have to try this app soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mapmyrun.com so this App has to be awesome! I used it all the time when I lived in Slippery Rock to map out runs so I could see the distance. It is nice to use when you don't know the area because you can see the streets around your route so you can know mile markers. It helped so I didn't have to run "blind" by not knowing how far I had gone and so that I knew where I needed to got. It certainly saved time on me calculating mileage by driving the route in my car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of that app. Usually when I run I just strap my shoes on because every time I take technology with me it just gets in the way. However, I can see the benefit to this technology and would like to give it a try. As for the cat, I believe black cats can have good luck too; just watch hocus pocus. Dorian Johnson signed with Pitt. H2P.

    ReplyDelete