Monday, November 26, 2012

The Cleveland Browns and other such things

Having the Browns beat the Steelers is always a great addition to the NFL season. However, yesterday's game was really great because I see more black and yellow in this small town than necessary for a lifetime! Needless to say, it was a great weekend for Ohio sports fans! The Bucks beat Michigan and the Brownies beat Pittsburgh! Regardless of a wonderful week of football we're all still missing out on what winter is all about...hockey. I'm a big Blackhawks fan (being that CLE has no NHL team) and I'm wondering what everyone thinks about this lockout. I think it's selfish on all ends of the spectrum to keep their negotiations going this long. So many people working for the arenas and even local bars and restaurants are being hard hit by being out of work. To me it seems that fighting over a couple of million dollars isn't quite worth it when it is affecting people who are making minimum wage. It's a pretty safe assumption that nobody in the NHL is starving or cold without their .5mil. It was brought up in church yesterday that it's important to know who you're serving. By this stage of their negotiations I think both sides are self-serving because they are refusing to give in or compromise. Thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I was really happy the Browns beat the Steelers too, even though I'm not a Browns fan. But, its so true...black and yellow is taking over this small town. Also, I completely agree about the lockout. How can there not be any hockey this season?! It will be so depressing. I hate that sports have become all about the money, instead of the game. So, hopefully they make a decision asap about the NHL because us hockey fans are going crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry everyone we bleed black and gold in Pittsburgh. We can't help our impact in the world even though we seem to have a rough time playing this year. But to the topic of the NHL; you are right. Both sides need to come to an agreement because they are all paid to work and right now no one is. Sports are supposed to be something fun for everyone to enjoy, but it is becoming more and more about politics and money. Our world could use a lesson from your pastor/ Jesus/ the Bible about being selfless. Clearly our selfish society is not helping anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge steelers fan i was very upset about the loss. Like how could the Steelers lose to one of out big rivals? THe topic on the NHL is pretty crazy. I can't believe there is no NHL season. Although i am not a huge hockey fan i think is crazy that they chose a lockout. The means many people are out of work because of it and the NHL is losing money from this. But obviously its all about the money situation and not about the fun playing in the sport.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally disagree with professional lockouts and how organizations go about them. It is truly sad to see, esp. when these players, coaches, CEO's, agents, and businessmen are being paid millions each season. Players are becoming selfish and are forgetting why they play the sport. If they are that worried about being paid ONLY a couple million a year, then have every player on a frozen contract. Each player and coach gets paid the same. I wonder what would happen then! It is truly a business.

    ReplyDelete